Sunday, January 10, 2010

Last Stamen WIP, Build Complete



Just finished up taking shots for the GP03 Stamen. I completed the last components yesterday (which was the left leg, the weapons, and the back fin thrusters).

Had some issues painting the green parts on the legs. Since the two leg pieces didn't come together flush, the paint didn't go on straight. In hindsight, I should have just used the sticker, then painted over that. Clear red on the beam rifle worked out well. Also, painted the pistons on the ankle chrome silver. Not quite the same as when they are actually molded in chrome, but I wanted to try it out.


Overall, the kit certainly shows it's age (cheaper plastic, worse engineering for joints and articulation). The knees are very loose for some reason and the ankles don't support much (even though they each have a screw). The inner frame for the lower legs was basically 2 halves put together, the armor was only 3 pieces. Bandai has come a long way in MG designs. Nonetheless, I like the style of this mobile suit. All the thrusters, especially the ones in back, give it a unique design.

It also came with a core fighter that can be changed into another core block, but I'd rather keep it in fighter mode.


Like most of my recent kits I'll say: Decals incoming eventually. No water slides this time! :C Like with God Gundam, I think Top Coat is really going to help this kit.

4 comments:

  1. What did you use for the panel lines and it's cleanup? Looking really good =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used normal Gundam markers (GM01 and GM02) and a white plastic eraser for cleanup. Also used a cotton swab for blending (grey ink is a little watery). Thanks! Can't wait to see how yours turns out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... this kit seems nice! Make me feel like grabbing one for myself ^^ good work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Yeah, I think the proportions are a little off due to the age of the kit, but in the end it has a nice design. Let's hope I don't mess it up with decals

    ReplyDelete