Monday, January 3, 2011

Hiatus Over? Shin Musha Time!



Happy New Year everyone! Actually, by now I don't expect many people to read this blog (well I know Z just recently checked it). But yeah, it's been a while since my last post, almost 4 months! Hopefully some other readers will find their way back somehow. Regardless, I'll try to update more regularly now. I have a couple projects that I'm working on now, the MG Shin Musha and the RG RX-78-2. The former I started before I left for Japan, the latter after I got back, so it's been a while since I've worked on anything in both cases. Not much to show for the Real Grade, but here's what Shin Musha looks like so far:

I used Tamiya Gold spray paint as the original "gold" plastic wasn't too good. Pretty sure that was the first time using spray paint for Gunpla, and I must say it's pretty nifty. I'm planning on exclusively using spray paints for all colors in the future in order to add a custom look and to make the Gunpla process more involved. For some reason the look of my unpainted straight plastic kits don't appeal to me much anymore (save for my MG RX-78-2, hence my re-ordering on the left side bar). But, I'm still liking the Shin Musha so far, hopefully I can get it done soon!

Planning on starting MG Deathscythe soon once I get all the spray paints, although I guess I can start prepping all the parts now. Then after that, PG RX-78-2! (Even though I stopped building, apparently I didn't stop buying Gunpla...)

Just downloaded the Gundam 00 movie fansub! Maybe I should get a season 2 refresher...

9 comments:

  1. Yay you're back lol. And Happy new year to you man. I'm not sure if it's your lighting, but the tamiya gold spray paint doesn't look to bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, thanks! Mhmm, the gold spray looks much better than the unpainted plastic or even the acrylic Tamiya gold leaf that comes in a bottle. Spray paint is the way to go for metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, but I don't know why, when I see people using the gold spray from tamiya, it comes out darker then I would like in bright light. The gold leaf though is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it worked out well for the gold parts on Sinanju since that was painting by brush. I wonder though, how it would look if I had masked it and used spray paint instead (all that masking would be pain though!) I think Tamiya has a lighter gold color too, Champagne Gold I think, that comes in a spray

    ReplyDelete
  5. you'll get addicted once you sprayed a kit... XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, yeah I hope so! Maybe I'll end up getting an airbrush too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back :)

    I see you're getting ready to advance to the next level of Gunpla building! That's pretty awesome! The MG Shin Musha looks great ^^. I wish I had the guts back then to mess with spray paint when I got the Shin Musha so I didn't have to live with that brown-gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea, and I've linked your two completed models to their respective reviews on my blog ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thanks! I really appreciate it!

    Haha, yeah, spray painting an entire kit is a little daunting and I'm not even sure it'll even improve the overall look when I'm done... haha, guess I just have to find out!

    Could always go back and spray all the gold on your Shin Musha ^^. The completed model looks great anyways though

    ReplyDelete